RHYTHM JOURNEY TO MYSTICAL BALI - 2012
"In Bali, ritual delivers truth through paradox, the Paradox of the Mystery. Ritual opens the eyes and the mind to the secrets of mystery."
Jean Houston, Ubud, Bali October 4, 2009
IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:
Join the mailing list now for your invitation to the free tour presentation evening. Pay in Full by March 15, 2012 and save $100
* Please come to a special free TMT "Mystical Bali" informational evening! Meet fellow travelers past and future, plus see rare ceremonial trance dance videos and a live Balinese masked dance performance.
When: April 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm to 10:00
Where: at the Green & Green Mansion in South Pasadena. Please call 626 799-4795 to RSVP now as space is limited
Mystical Bali 2012
Departure 5/11/12 - Return 5/22/12 via China Airlines
Join Christine Stevens author of the Healing Drum Kit and Tribal Music Guide Stephanie Buffington for an inspirational experience of a lifetime to one of the most enchanting and deeply spiritual cultures remaining on earth. Participate in an 12 day transformational journey that includes inspiring workshops in Balinese music, ceremony and sacred dance led by gamelan masters and village high priests that will prepare us to enter the timeless realms of Balinese magic and ritual. We will be attending an all night full moon temple ceremony and everywhere will be ablaze with colorful ceremonial processions, sacred music and dance. Enjoy creative rhythmical and dance expression sessions plus sharpen your drumming skills in Christine's workshops "The Rhythms of Radiance" All the drums will be provided with a unique opportunity to visit with Bali's drum craftsman.
Reconnect and Restore, and celebrate your Divine Nature !
More Tour Highlights
- Stay in a gorgeous deluxe private villa at the edge of the jungle
- Daily guided meditations and healing drum circles
- Relaxing massages and spa treatment
- Immerse in the rejuvenating holy "Springs of Immortality" at Tirta Empul
- Workshops in Balinese spiritual culture & offering making with the village high priestess
- Visit a renown shaman healer for personal treatments
- Guided silent walk through magnificent rice fields to a secret organic restaurant for lunch.
- Full day snorkeling excursion to Hidden Paradise, the richest coral garden in Indonesia with a dawn outrigger canoe sail, snorkel equipment snacks inc.
- Aum and heartbeat meditation in the ancient Gunung Kawi enlightenment caves.
- Visit the oldest village in Bali and see the unique handloom ikot weavings made nowhere else on earth.
- Experience a authentic "Kecak" trance dance by torch light while enjoying a traditional feast
- Shop the exotic treasure chest bazaars of Ubud and the secret shopping spots of the 20 yr. veteran importer for the best bargains and most beautiful handicrafts
- Limited to 14 travelers
DAILY ITINERARY for "Sacred Journey to Mystical Bali 2012"
Day 1 ~ Friday, May 11 (early Friday 1:15 AM flight)
PLEASE ARRIVE AT LAX BRADLEY BUILDING China Airlines Counter no later than 10:15 PM on Thursday night May 10, meet at the China Airlines passenger area.
Depart LAX 1:15 AM via Taipei on China Airlines
Day 2 ~ Arrive Bali 2:20 ~ Transfer to Beach Resort
Saturday, May 12
Arrive Bali 2:20 PM transfer to Beach Front resorts for check-in and overnight stay. Enjoy the pools for a moonlight swim or have a meal at a colorful boardwalk restaurant. A good night's sleep is recommended.
Day 3 ~ Beach Resort ~ Transfer to Jungle Villas ~ Monkey Forrest Walk
Sunday May 13
Leisurely morning breakfast. Go for a walk on Bali's famous Legion Beach, change money, get a massage, shop for sarongs. Get grounded and refreshed. We will have an orientation lunch with the whole group before
1:30 coach transfer to Jungle Villas in Ubud area.
4:30 Walk to the exotic Monkey Forrest and learn your way around the village.
Tonight back at the villa we will have our Opening Healing Drum Circle with Christine. All Drums will be provided for your entire stay.
Day 4 ~ Discover the Ubud Bazaar ~ Torch light Feast & Kecak Trance Dance
Monday, May 14
Start the day with an AM shakti movement class with Barbara after breakfast.
1:00 This afternoon we will explore Ubuds world famous shopping bazaar and textile museum.
The late afternoon is free for a healing massage treatment or swim.
7:00 Tonight we will enjoy a Balinese feast under the stars and see an authentic menís kecak trance dance by torch light.
Day 5 ~ Gamelan Master Workshop & Jam ~ Drum Factory Tour in Pejang
Tuesday, May 15
10:00 AM This morning we will have a drum workshop and small performance and jam with Gamalan master teachers.
2:00 We will visit the Balinese drum craftsman and see the making of drums from start to finish. Drums and percussion can be purchased for a fraction of the cost with a special TMT discount.
Day 6 ~ Balinese Dance Workshop ~ Rice Field Walk ~ Visit Healer Tjokorda Rai
Wednesday, May 16
Balinese Dance Workshop and Rice Field Walk
This morning we will meet one of Bali's most renowned dance teachers, still teaching at 90 years of age. We will learn the secrets of her longevity as she shows us the fundamentals of the graceful hand movements and postures. Her number one Western student for the last 25 years, Barbara Mintz, will be assisting her and is a master teacher of dance in Ubud today. Visit her web site at www.rightangle.com/bhava.
Later we will take a magical hike to a secluded restaurant deep within the picturesque rice fields of Ubud for a sumptuous organic food grown just inches from your table.
3:00 Visit renowned master healer Tjokorda Rai for a personal treatment or just come to observe a real shaman healer at work. His work has profoundly touched all that have had the unique opportunity to be treated by him.
Day 7 ~ (overnight bag ONLY!) Bat Temple ~ Tenganan~ Amed Snorkel Excursion
Thursday, May 17
9:00 AM departure for East Bali and Tenganan / Amed with overnight at Hidden Paradise.
AM tour of the Candi Dasa Bat Temple, an extraordinary seaside temple and home to thousands of bats. Temple gear required.
After lunch we will visit Tenganan Bali's oldest village to meet with a master musician in his home where we will have the opportunity to hear and play ancient instruments. Here we will also see how the ancient double ikat textiles are hand loomed. This is the only village in Bali where these weaving techniques are used.
A wonderful point of interest for the textile lovers.
In late afternoon we will continue our journey to Amed through the spectacular jungle vistas with the sacred Agung Volcano as a looming backdrop. The evening is complete with ocean front feast, after dinner jam with the locals and moonlight massage.
Day 8 ~ Outrigger Sail & Snorkel ~ Tirtaganga Water Palace
Friday, May 18
Rise early for dawn meditation and the spectacular sunrise over Lomboc as seen from the beach.
9:00 am Outrigger's depart for snorkeling adventure to a small wreck teeming with colorful fish and coral.
12:00 Lunch and check out. The coach returns to the Villas in the Ubud area via the magnificent Tirtaganga Water Palace where we will take a ceremonial walk on water !
Day 9 ~ Enlightenment Caves of Gunung Kowi
Saturday, May 19
AM excursion to Gunung Kawi an 11th century temple carved into the mountain side with ancient meditation caves and healing sounding chambers where it is that one can experience the heart beat of the earth. A special ceremony will be held there.
The afternoon is free for massage, art museum, or shopping.
This evening we will jam with a local world music group at an Ubud hot spot.
Day 10 ~ Offering Making with Village Women ~ Full Moon Temple Ceremony
Sunday May 20
10:00 AM We will spend the morning surrounded in flowers and palm leaves with the local village women and learn the traditional way the elaborate ceremonial offerings are prepared as works of art and expressions of devotion. We will learn the meaning of the blessing rituals and how to participate in tonight's ceremony from the village high priestess. In the afternoon we will travel to Mas, one of Baliís most sacred and largest temples, to witness the a colorful procession of offerings and gongs and stay there on into the night for the special blessing of the High Priest and night of Balinese sacred trance dancing.
Sarongs and temple gear required.
Day 11 ~ Holy Springs of Tirta Empul~Ubud Sacred Rhythm Circle ~ Farewell Feast
Monday May 21
AM we will travel to Tirta Empul sacred bathing pools where you may dip in what the Balinese consider the "Springs of Immortality" where we will have our own purification ritual there in this holy site.
4:00 pm participate in and co-facilatate with Christine Stevens in the Annual Bali Sacred Rhythm Circle in partnership with local drum manufacturer and drummers from around the world. Our event will raise much needed funds for a local orphanage for handicapped Balinese children. This event will be our chance to forge trans-cultural unity and create an unforgettable exchange of high spirits. We will hold a Parting Ceremonial Feast for our village family, priest, dancers, and temple musicians that evening as the grand finale of our trip.
Day 12 ~ Departure Day
Monday, May 22 ~ Depart Bali 3:30 PM~Arrive LAX 8:05 pm
Morning free for last minute shopping and packing or massage.
Coach for airport departs villas at 11:30
*Due to the nature of the tour please be aware that this itinerary is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the tour leader as unforeseen events and circumstances dictate. Every effort will be taken by TMT to keep the all the activities itinerary as planned.
$3,650.00 per person based on double occupancy
* $3,550 special paid-in-full till March 15, 2012
- RT airfare from LAX on China Airlines, all transfers and group transportation.
- 11 nights deluxe jungle villa, all breakfasts, three dinners. Based on double occ. Deluxe single upgrade air cond., private bath, etc. available.
- All workshops and sacred site entrance.
- All excursions, and group functions inc. Outrigger snorkeling trip.
- Three dinners, inc. Balinese feast and sacred "Kecak" men's trance dance
- Group is limited to 14 participants maximum. A $600 deposit is required to hold your place by March 15th 2012.
- Deposit payable by credit card or PayPal. A check for the balance is due within 30 days of departure. (4/28/2012)
- Single supplement or deluxe air conditioning upgrade $600
- Indonesian visa on arrival approx. $25
- Spa treatments and massage approx. $10 to $20 per session depending on the type of treatment.
- Tips and gratuities for drivers and guides.
- Bali departure tax at the airport approx. $15
- Dinners, lunches and drinks not mentioned in itinerary. There are delicious international restaurants in Ubud for all tastes and budgets as well as snacks available at the villas. Budget $25 to $40 per day for meals.
- A valid passport is needed to go to Bali, and due to the new security measures, your passport must be valid for 6 months AFTER YOU RETURN HOME or at least until 12/12/2012
- A travelers packet will be sent to you when you have registered that will have all the detailed information you'll need.
- Trip and medical insurance for your tour is your responsibility and advised.
- Participation in the group program is not required but highly recommended.